Friday, May 27, 2005

Music: Music, music everywhere!

Slashdot | Sirius in Negotiations With Apple

Apple is once again discussing adding satellite radio to the iPod. When I first heard the rumors of Apple talking with XM (my preferred provider), I got excited. Now it's with Sirius (meh). My thought process went like this: I'm listening to my favorite channel, hear a new song I really like, hit a button to either immediately purchase and download that song (leading to the eventual, "Hi. My name is Brett, and I am a music addict.") or add it to a temporary cart on my iPod. Next time I sync up on my computer, it asks me if I want to purchase that song or view the artist info. Include the inevitable iTunes subscription service and you have an unlimited custom channel wherever you are. Add wireless podcast subscriptions (already included in the next iTunes) and you have the true new wave of radio and communication.

How would you use a satellite enabled iPod?

No comments: